The basic configuration of a browser consists of:
- An adressaddress bar for entering URLs or search requests.
- Buttons for navigating forwards and backwards, reloading and cancelling a loading
- A button for returning to the start screen.
- Functions for adding bookmarks.
Additional functions vary from browser to browser or can be added later.
Additionally, browsers like Firefox and Safari allow you to organize your bookmarks, save
your passwords and browse in private mode
If you are missing
functions like the ability to take screenshots of certain content inside the browser, you
can make use of web extensions and plug-ins to add more features to your
How can I find out which browser I am using?
The fastest way to find out which browser you are using is by comparing the
- Microsoft Edge – blue, dynamic e
- Safari – compass
- Mozilla Firefox – fox wrapped around a globe
- Google Chrome - colorful circle
- Opera - red O