How do I report a phishing email to mail.com?
First extract the extended header
the email you received. Then review the header/"To" field.
- If it’s a mail.com account , report this to our customer support team by forwarding them the extended header and
the body of the email.
- If it's someone pretending to be mail.com (phishing),
report this to our customer support team by
forwarding them the extended header and the body of the email. Or you can
check the authenticity of the email using the 1&1 IONOS Validation
- If it's from an unknown email address and domain, mark the email as
spam, blacklist the email address, and if desired, create
a filter rule to automatically move incoming emails from that
sender to your Trash or Spam folder.
What can I do to reduce my exposure to spam /phishing emails?
Please follow our general recommendations regarding emails you suspect of being spam
- Do not click on any hyperlinks or other links contained in suspicious
- Do not forward suspicious emails.
- Select the email and click on the "Spam" button to send it to your Spam folder and train the spam
- Run a virus check on your computer if you think your account might have been
- Change your password if it's been a long time since the last change.
- Do not post your email address in public forums.